Is it normal to have fluctuating blood pressure throughout the day ?

I am a 52 year old female who has been just diagnosed with high Blood pressure in the er two weeks ago. It was 220/116. I was under much stress so they thought it may have been situational. They gave me 25 mg of tropical and .5mg of Ativan . That got my pressure down. Also hooked me up to monitors and all looked good. So did blood work. Went to family dr. And she kept me on same thing plus .5 Ativan twice a day. Two days later she raised the topral to 50mg once daily because my pressure was staying around 172/114. Then it went down to around 104/73. Two weeks later I had a visit with her and it was up to 164/106. She gave me a chart to keep three times a day .my morning pressure is good 110/71. My mid day is165/101. My evening is 164/111. This has been four days in a row now. Is this normal
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012