Is it normal to have 4-5 drops of semen on masturbation ?

i get only 4 to 5 drops of semen on masturbation.is it ok? or i have to do some semen analysis . Please help...
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011
Normal semen volume after each ejaculation is 2-5 ml. There is no measurement available in drop counts as it depends on drop size but 4-5 drops of semen is supposed to be low normal volume.
But remember ejaculation volume depends on frequency of ejaculation. If you do ejaculate frequent time in a day your ejaculatory volume will be reduce because the amount of semen stored in the seminal vesicles comes down.
Aging, smoking and excessive sex are most three important cause of low volume semen.
For better understanding your problem I would like to ask you few questions.
1. Are you married? If yes then what is your wife opinion about your sexual life?
2. How long are you have been suffering from this low semen volume?
3. Do you ever in your life having normal ejaculation?
4. Usually how many times in a day you ejaculate?
5. Do you get full orgasm after ejaculation?
6. Can you please collect your single ejaculatory semen volume in a container (which has measuring marks on their body) so I should clearly understand how many volume semen you ejaculate in a single ejaculation and if case of low volume semen.
7. What is the consistency of your semen?
8. Do you have premature ejaculation?

Please give reply to the questions so that I can understand your problem and give you best suggestion and in the meantime you do a semen analysis to know any problem related to semen volume and quality after 5 days of abstinence from sex and/or masturbation.
Both your semen analysis report and answer of my question can help me to solve your problem.
Waiting for your reply.
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Its normal Thanks