Is it advisible for a 60yrs old lady to start cycling ?

Is it advisible for a 60yrs old lady to start cycling I am a female of 59 yrs old. Health - regards as average. Height 5 , weight 123 lbs. Had been riding a bike twice (twice only in my life) at the age of 20 in the countryside.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
Dentist 's  Response
hello mam,
since if you have already been cycling from a long time it could have been ok to continue. but it is not advisable to start cycling at this age. better walk briskly for 20 mins daily rather than cycling, it will help you maintain good health. my advice is not to start cycling by this age. take care. have a healthy life mam!