Is it OK to give ampoxin 500 for cold?

can I give ampoxin 500 to my daughter 9yrs old who is suffering from cold and flu & if so, what is the dose i can give. pls advice.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Your daughter is nine years old and she requires 25 to 30 mg per kg body wieght in three devided doses. She is about 23 or 24 kg, so Amoxicillin is given her 250mg three times a day. But I think u should give her some ayurvedic medicines insteat of antiboitics. Thanks.
Dr Vivek Goswami
Ayurveda Specialist
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.See the symptoms favor viral fever.So in most of the cases antibiotics are not needed.Even if is bacterial you should not give antibiotics on your own as it is not advisable unless prescribed by your doctor.Her weight and other things are needed to know before deciding the please see your doctor.
General & Family Physician Dr. Zahra's  Response
hi,if your daughter has symptoms like conjitivitis and rhinorea,it seems viral infectiouse so antibiotic dont response and you can just use drugs for her fever and cough ,but if dont have this symptom thats better to see a dr for better evaluation.
Sports Medicine Specialist Dr. Abhay Dikshit's  Response
As you say she is having cold and flu, in most cases it is a viral infection where antibiotics are usually not needed.
Then also you can consult your doctor and let him decide the medicines required for your daughter.
Please for Heaven's sake never give antibiotic without the prescription of a qualified doctor of modern medicine.j