Is isotroin-20 help to reduce acne ?

my age is 21,i m female,and i m suffering from my doctor has prescribed me wid my question is does it really help to reduce acne?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Dec 2010
isotroin 20mg does help to reduce pimples,but there is a word of caution associated with this medicine.There are lot of precautions which should be taken along with this med.Your Blood reports shd be normal,you should not wear contact lenses,no blood donation etc.And this med is usually given for sever cases of pimples only.Married females should be careful taking this med.So plz talk to your doctor regarding t he precautions.Apart from this there are lot of other drugs which are safe and effective too.
Dr.Bharat Chawda
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi. Welcome To HealthcareMagic

there are different kinds of medications for Acne depending on the severity. I give common tips.

1. Apply Benzoyl peroxide lotion on the effected areas in mild cases.

2. There are antibiotic creams (clindamycin or erythromycin) for moderates cases.

3. You can add Isotretinoin cream and or oral antibiotics in moderate cases.

4 In severe cases you need Isotretinoin pills

In all cases, you need MD consultation.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish