Is intake of butter and ghee good for health ?

hi,my frnd s 25 yr old,hieght 5`9``...n weight of 55 kg,..he has ben going gym n lately has started using butter n ghee in considerable amounts to gain weight... my concern is dat it wil be harmful ,n may lead to clogging of arteries ... or is it good to tk butter??shud he replace it wid oils like olive oil? !!kindly throw light on usage of butter in food...
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011
butter as such is preferable to ghee,oils are preferred to gheeand olive oil is preferred to oils.If you are doing regular workout your cholesterol level is normal you can take some amount of ghee.