Is cervicitis cancerous and is it safe to have protected sex while on a course of doxycycline hyclate ?

I am a 23 year old female who has never had a medical history . I have anxiety and depression which a doctor prescribed me 10 mgs of Lexapro in 2008. I just got off it in March 2011. In 2007 and 2009 I had contracted Clamidiya. On Saturday July 9, 2011 I went to the E.R I was diagnosed with urethritis or cervicitis they dont know which one it is until I get my pelvic exame results back also the doctor did a test to see if I have cancerous cells on my cervix as well. The doctor prescribed me 100 mgs of doxycycline hyclate to take 1 tablet twice a day for seven days. I did a blood test to check my protein level ect and it came out fine. My kidney, my blood sugar, my liver, my proteins , I dont have anemia everythings great. I lost 20 pounds in a year I dont know probley because I was stressing. I have never lost more than 5 pounds ever if I do I go back up to my normal weight. I am scared of this infection I have. I am scared I could have cancer cells my cervix..Should I be worried and can I have protected sex while im taking doxycycline hyclate??
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011