Is antirabies injection required if one is bitten by an immunised dog?

Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Hello there,

If you have been bitten by an immunized dog, there is no need to get anti rabies vaccine.

I believe the dog is domesticated and you have the gone through the vaccination card of the dog. You must be thinking its funny but dogs that are immunized usually have a record in the Vet institute. If you are not aware of the details, you can ask the dog owner for details.

So dont worry. You will be fine if you are absolutely sure that the dog is vaccinated.