Is Deanxit safe to take without doctors consult ?

Hi doc... I am Henry. I am taking deanxit without consulting a doctor . Is it safe as i have heard that it has been banned.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Hello Henry,

If you are writing from India, then I can confirm that Deanxit has not been banned in India. There were reports suggesting that Deanxit would be banned along with 2 other drugs, but that did not happen. Please refer to this report -
Also, here is the list of drugs banned in India, as of today -
From what I understand (unconfirmed), the combination of Deanxit was registered and approved for use in India in 1998.

In any case, taking a drug particularly a psychoactive drug without a doctor's consultation is fraught with risks. I suggest you meet and consult a psychiatrist regarding this.

Dr. Saifuddin Kharawala