Irregular quick pulse, on Concor Cor, hypertension, once stopped same symptoms

Hi, I am having irregular and fast heart beats. My doctor perscribed Concor Cor 2.5 mg. He told me I have a tendency of developing hypertension . I was hesitant to start the medicine, since I can t stop it immediately when I feel better. It needs to be stopped gradually over a period of time. I had to take the first pill last night, because I woke up and my heart was racing. Reading about its side effects, when and how can I stop using Concor Cor? Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012