Irregular periods, feels weak, feet hurts. Difference between bio-identical hormones and HRT?

I am a healthy 51 year old woman. My periods have been somewhat erratic for the past year. Currently I am in my third week of a period. My energy has been lower for 6 months and my feet sometimes hurt. I am normally very active, swimming, running and cycling 5 - 6 times/wk. Is this excessive bleeding and lower than usual energy normal? When should I see my doctor? Can you tell me bout bio-identical hormones and how this differs from HRT?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012