Irregular heartbeat. Have ventricular trigeminy. What is the cause and treatment?

I have ventricular trigeminy. I was fine at check up in late January and at feb. 8 visit to doctor they found the irregular heart beat. I see a cardiologist on the 14th. can you give me some info on what might have caused this and how it is treated. i am 69, very physically active. i saw the dr on the 8th because i was tired all the time and had lost my appetite . i only take simvastatin 40mg and 1 81mg asprin. no previous heart problems. BP at home 127/80. at doctors usually 140/90. I was on amoxicillian 500 mg 2 x a day for 10 days. and finishd up Jan. 31.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013