Irregular headache and feeling thirsty very often. Dehydration, Why is this?

Hi, I am a 15 year old girl and I would categorize myself as very athletic. I do competitive soccer and track, and I am very serious about both. Currently, my soccer season is on a break right now and will start again in the summer, so I'm not playing soccer right now, but I am doing high school track. My track coach is extremely intense and is known for being mean and strict, but in the end, he is really good at what he does. I have training 5 days a week (sometimes 6) for around 3 hours each. Two days ago, I started having a headache. However, I didn't think too much of it because I have had a lot of headaches this year due to, I think, lack of sleep. I get around 4 1/2 or 5ish hours a sleep a night and I know I should be getting more sleep and everything but I am also very academically driven and need to get good grades. Anyways, so two days ago I had a headache but thought nothing of it because it wasn't unusual for me. but then the next day (yesterday), I still had a headache which was kinda weird cuz my headaches usually go away after a day max. yesterday, I also had a track meet that lasted from 1:30-10. my headache got worse throughout the day but I could still run and stuff. (I am a sprinter). I informed my coach about this and he said it was from dehydration and told me to drink more water and gaterade. I already drank more than 6 bottles that day (which is a lot for me) and I didn't feel thirsty at all. I normally don't drink much water so I know I am dehydrated but that hasn't really affected me much before. I also started getting sick (stuffy nose, cough) yesterday. Today, I am constantly thirsty, no matter how much water I drink. Right after I drink, I am thirsty again. I pee a lot as well (naturally). I also have a headache still that hurts more than usual. Do u know what could be wrong? I
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013