Irregular Heartbeat at night and no pain

I ve been getting an irregular heartbeat at night, and its not painful but just annoying. I m 15, I have gonna to see my doctor this week. I ve been getting an irregular heartbeat at night, and its not painful but just annoying. I m 15, I m gonna see my doctor this week. I think its because of anxiety
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
I'm glad your seeing your doctor for this complaint. When a patient feels their heart is skipping, beat too fast, too slow, or any other weird feeling related to their heart's beat that they can notice - we call them palpitations. Most of the time these are totally harmless but do not cancel your appointment. Tell your doctor everything about your symptoms. He or she might send you to have what is called an EKG or electrocardiogram. They place harmless stickers on your chest, arms, and legs for a few minutes while they record your heart's rhythm. Best of luck to you.
  Anonymous's Response

But what could be the reason for this probem? I mean irregular heart beats at night? Could be due to? Some thing to do with my life style or it is a general phenomenon?