Iron deficiency anemia, mitral valve prolapse, dilated cardiomyopathy, taking carvedilol 6.25mg, not having high blood pressure

I am 51 feel great my infraction is 35 i am anemic it went down to a 20 from 45. I have a mitral value prolaspse. Iron deficiency anemia and dilated cardiomyopathy . My Dr. Put me on carvedilol 6.25mg. I am concerned. I am seeing a hematologist and a obgn Dr. I feel he placed me on this medicine to soon. I feel when the anemia is back to normal the infraction will return to normal. Why this medicine. What good will this medicine do. I nerves had a heart attack . I do not have high blood pressure .
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012