Intolerance to water, is there any solution ?

Ever since I was a little child, for as long as I can remember, I have had trouble drinking water. Whenever I drink it, even if I suffer intense thirst from physical activity, it leaves my throat feeling parched, and I cough for a great deal afterwards. I have tried without success to sweeten the water slightly, to drink it at different temperature, slowly, or faster, but nothing works. Sweeteners make drinking it actually worse. I can drink other liquids without a problem, but with little money, I find my choice limited, and wonder if there could be a solution to my water intolerance. What is your recommendation?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Since you have this problem from childhood it can be due to an abnormal passage between your oesophagus(food pipe) and your trachea(wind pipe) called Oesophago-tracheal fistula.
This can be confirmed by some investigations like Barium studies, and if it confirmed it will require surgical correction.

Wish you the best.