Intestinal discomfort, rib cage pain, waist pain, poking and tearing sensation. Is it because I swallowed piece of plastic?

Hi, I having some type of intestinal discomfort. Yesterday while I was eating some broccoli w a platic fork, I heard a piece of break... The fork was missing a tip from one of the teeth". Strange thing is that I looked for the tiny plastic piece in my bowl and checked my mouth w my tongue, checked the carpet... But nothing. A couple of hours later my left side.. under my ribcage started hurting a bit. That's when I started wondering that I accidentally swallowed it.
The pain has continued in that section and towards the backside of my waist (right side) It's not terrible pain but it does feel as if something was stuck, poking or tearing inside. This is rare because I have a very healthy GI tract and don't ever get this type of pain.
Later yesterday while I was washing my mouth, I spit a bit of blood, not
too much though, embedded in the mucus, same thing when I blew my nose. Also, this morning when I brushed my teeth and it wasn't blood from my mouth, but from deep under.
It's clear now, but the pain it's still there and it's been feeling more poignant.

Also, I usually go to the bathroom in the morning and all ok. But today I haven't used the bathroom at all. Yesterday and today I drank a glass of water with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and haven't eaten much today in hopes of helping that possible piece of plastic to come out, but nothing.

I don't know.... Should I wait?? What do you recommend??

Thank you!!

I don't know what to do.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Hi ! It is possible that the blood which came while spitting and brushing the teeth could be due to a trivial injury caused by the broken plastic. However, I do not consider that this small piece could cause the type of discomfort you have described for your abdomen and back. The small piece which you might have swallowed will with all probabilities come out in your stool matter, and you may not even notice it.
The discomfort in your abdomen could be just co incidental which naturally have been attributed to the ingestion of the plastic. However, if the symptoms persist, then you should visit your family physician, who may advise you for an ultrasound abdomen/x ray abdomen for further needful.
Wishing you all the best. Thanks.