Internal pain around the belly button, blood with yellow stuff and foul odor on sticking a q-tip. Had a surgery on the same spot. Is treatment required?

I have been having pain pain internally around my belly button for a week or so now. Today I decided to stick a Qtip in my belly button to see if anything came out because I have had surgery there before. There was blood , yellow stuff and a foul odor. Should I go get this checked out??? It is a little concerning because I have had internal pain.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Your symptoms are suggestive of an internal infection in the area. This needs a medical attention, proper drainage of pus and systemic antibiotics to contain the infection. Please do not delay and consult your physician.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal