Intermittent strong and heavy heart beats with shortness of breath, feel dizziness on standing, blackout. Causes?

Hello Doctor, I am 16 years old female, non-smoker, no heart diseases (I guess) well, months ago I start having these hard, heavy and strong heart beats, I think it just last for 2 seconds and max 5 secs, and I don t get these daily, I m not sure about the time between everyone I get but what i m sure about is that they hit me just like that (randomly), and when its get started, i feel like my breath get stronger, like i breathe hard -not very hard, i can breathe but its get harder than before.. And i can feel those heavy beats clearly.. And the other issue, i don t know if the other one this one are connected, but when I stand up after lying down or sitting on a chair for a while, i have to hold to something because i feel dizzy or i have no balance or something, also, i see stronge light everywhere, i ll not say stars, because i don t think they are but it is something like light, and when this thing happens i can t see things infront of me clearly, i see those lights, i don t know maybe they are stars or spots, i m not sure, and sometimes i have to hold to something and bend over to feel better. these lights and dizziness doesn t last too long, lasts for seconds, 10 secs maybe... the heavy heart beats doesn t happen to me before or after standing up and seeing the light, they happen to me in saperate times. and in the end, i want to thank you for reading my email/letter, and i would appreciate it if you e-mail me back, looking forward to hear from you.. GoodBye! sign, Fatima
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Hi Fatima,

The problem you are describing can be sort of panic attack lasting for few seconds or it can be because of some abnormality in heart beating.
As you told that this is the new problem and you are facing this randomly without any precipetating factor, this can be some sort of panic attack.
I would suggest you to try to identify what make you feel this. Is there any specific thing or condition is there when you have this sort of problem or this happend just randomly.
I the mean time I would suggesst you to consult some doctor also and have a cardiac check up to make sure this is not because of any cardiac problem.

Thanks and take care.