Intermittent knee pain post hit on the knee. Signs of permanent damage?

Um, ok I have this knee pain that comes and goes every few months. Awhile back I hit my knee really hard on concrete, but I thought it was just bruised so I didn t pay any attention to more than just putting an icepack on it. Now, the knee pain comes back a lot, and I am not sure what this could be. Did I permanently damage my knee?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
You have not tell me your age. If you are above 50 this is mostly knee arthritis. If your less then 50 then it is ligament or cartilage damage. I would suggest you to get MRI of the knee joint. This will give us proper diagnosis and after that it can be tackled according to that.