Insect inside the ear of a kid. what to do ?

Hi. My son is 2days before get 5 and he has an insect in his ear I dont know what to do he s been crying for an hour please help
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
Please take him to an ENT specialist as soon as possible and get it removed. Any insect in the ear is very uncomfortable, especially when the insect moves over the eardrum.
All the Best

Dr. Naveen Kumar
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
Assuming that he has never had an ear complaint earlier, make him lie down with the affected ear up and fill the ear canal with medical grade liquid paraffin oil. This will smother the ant. Then you may schedule a visit to have it flushed out / removed, thereafter , preferably under the magnification of a ear microscope / endoscope.