Insect bite on face, near jaw line, clear discharge, red bump. Cleaned with witch hazel. Treatment?

i awoke yesterday morning with what I thought was an insect bite on my left side of the face near my jaw line. Last night I had a clear discharge from the bump and the area around th bump is red an itches. I have cleaned it with witch hazel and covered it with a band-aid that has an antibiotic oinment on the pad. My Doctor is on vacation and I can t get an appointment with anyone else. Should i go to the emergency room?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Hi Elaine,
Welcome to Heathcare Magic Physician's Desk!
This is most likely an insect bite only and mostly they are self limiting problems and resolve in 3-4 days by themselves.
You need to keep it open so remove the Band-aid thing. Keep it exposed to air.
Just clean what clear fluid is seeping with a clean sun dried cotton cloth.
If it has stopped increasing in size, do not really need to go to ER.
Wish you a great health!