Injury above ankle, large lump. Iced it, still swelling, numb to touch, purple discoloration. Treatment?

I got hit with a softball just above my ankle on Friday and instantly had a large bump that showed the threads from the ball. I iced it, sat out for 1-1/2 imings and finished the game. 5 days later, today, it is still somewhat swollen and tender/semi-numb to touch, and starting to turn purple just above my heal, but no pain when walking/jogging. I want to know if I should play this Friday or let it heal more?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think you have sustained a bad injury to ankle and shin. It will take some time and i can assure you that this is not a fracture yet soft tissue injury also causes pain for long time. I would suggest you to take Brufen tablet for pain relief. Also keep applying ice to the shin. It will be fine in two weeks.