Injured upper thigh, unable to perform splits, cartwheels, handstands. Treatment options?

Hi I am a gymnast and enjoy Gym so much! about 6 weeks ago I injured my right upper thigh. I have had 2 weeks rest and it has reduced the pain but i can t do the splits and in gym you split you legs lot! cartwheels,handstands! Also it starts to hurt whenever I land after jumping or when I land heavily after a flick or Handspring! Any suggestions on how I can get my leg better?!?!
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
  Anonymous's Response
Injury of your right upper thigh might have damaged your muscle(which cured in 6 weeks) but it might have also damaged the tendons or ligaments which sometimes needed to be autografted for a perfect normal anatomical movement. Tendon damage sometimes doesn't cause pain but limit the movement of the muscles. Please consult an orthopedician for a proper treatment.
Good Luck and Happy health.