Ingrown hair under jaw, small lump, grown in size, redness, pain. Treatment?

I am prone to getting ingrown hairs under my jaw. I do pick, pluck and squeeze them. Day before yesterday I was picking and squeezing what I thought was a small ingrown hair. There was a small lump that I was messing with. Yesterday I messed with it again maybe two times. 4 hours later it was tripled in size (about the size of a large grape). It is red, hard and very painful. Is this from picking and squeezing? Should I go to a dermatologist?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012