Inflamed tonsils, bulbular growth hanging from it on the left side. Can it be removed ?

My tonsils have been inflamed for several months. I have seen an ENT who told me that it was alergies. This past week, I noticed a bulbular growth hanging from the tonsils on the leftside of my throat . It is reddish and did have some bleeding last night when I spit up phlegm(spelling). It causes gagging and hangs (approx. 1 1/2 long). Can this be removed? I have made an appointment with the ENT for next week but I am concerned about what her diagnosis will be. I have been taking a tsp. of local honey each day for the past 4 months (at the advice of my oncologist ). Please advise. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012