Inflamed, red and itchy skin. Prescribed cortisone creams. Will my skin eventually reject my body?

I am 65 yrs old , past history webbed hands both , middle fingers, had skin grafting severals times as a child , able to use my hands ok no mechanical problems to date. With in the past 3 years the skin has become very inflamed , red & itchy, I have gone the route of natural remedies, & all kinds of allergy testing yes I have discovered a lot about myself and am in good health , but the irritation is still there off & on some times severe. I have been to a dermatologist who clams it s dermatitis , & prescribed cortisone creams, it does help but I donot want to use anything that will interrupt , my natural flora, my ? Is does the skin eventually start to reject my body? Even though it seems to be growing back but now is always very red & scally, doesnot look so bad when I keep my hands creamed with lotions ,?????
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012