Inflamed and itchy veins in hands similar symptoms on forearm followed by white spots, have temporal arthritis. What could this be?

Last week the veins in my hands became inflamed and very itchy, that settled down then my hands and inner arms became very itchy and I colud feel very tiny white spots. I took antihistamins and the itching settled down, I noticed this week lumps under the skin aong my inner forearm . which can be tender to the touch. Yesterday on my left inner arm |I thought I had an insect bite as in one area my skin became very itchy and looked bruised although I had not knocked or hurt myself. The itching stoped after a short time, however there is still a bruise and a small lump under the skin. I do have temporal arteritis for the past 3 years but I have never experienced the lumps pots before and my medication hasn t changed.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012