Infection in the body, high liver enzymes, fever, low platelet count, yellowish eyes and skin and enlarged spleen. What is the disease?

Hello, I m inquiring about a mystery medical case. I think maybe if I research some it may help in some way...these are the symptoms my friend is experiencing: Roaring infection in her body, liver enzymes really high, fever of over103, dehydration , platelet cell counts very low, eyes and skin turned yellow, fluid around gall bladder enlarged spleen , iron level 3000. They said they can t find the source of the infection and right now all they could think of is that they suspect it could be the liver, hepatitis, gall bladder, Epstein barre, cmv , parvo or tick, and they may want to do a bone marrow test if not better soon...please help she s very young. ::((
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Apr 2013
Hi martica. Thse symptoms are serious. It comes with disorders you ve mentioned but alos many other can cause it. It is obvious that she has liver damage and everything else coes as a result of this. You need to find the exact cause of this damage. First thing to think is viral hepatitis, autoimunne hepatitis, drugs and alcohol abuse,bile duct obstruction. Also it doesnt need to be infection, some congenital liver and spleen disoreders, blood disorders such as haemolytic anaemia and metabolic disorders can cause it,even heart failure as well..
There are many specific tests, i doubt that cause cant be found. Infection can be ruled out by immunological tests,by hemoculture and urine analysis. Intraabdominal abscessus can be visualized by any imaging tests. MRI can give detailed picture. Autoimmune disorders are also ofund by specific tests and treated by streong medicines. SO just encourae her to find the eact cause even if it means repataed tests for few times.
Wish you good health.