Infant with pneumonia, bronchitis and strepcoc A poisoning. Had cardiac arrests. Developed hard inflamed nodules on the hands. Juvenile RA?

Hi. Our 14 month old was recently admitted to QMC in Nottingham with pneumonia , bronchitis and strepcoc A poisoning. She suffered 3 cardiac arrests whilst in PICU. Against all the odds she survived. 5 weeks down the line she is doing quite well but has developed hard nodules around the distal PIP jnts of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th fingers on both hands. These appear to be swollen and inflamed. Any ideas please - juvenile R A?, gout?. Much appreciated. Roger.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013