Infant with low appetite, only drinks milk, fussy eater. How can I improve his appetite?

Hi doc! I have 7 month old son who have a very poor appetite .He only drink his milk when he is sleepy or when is asleep.He can consume 7ounces 3-5 times a day.He was born 2.56 kg only and breastfed only for 3 weeks and now he is 8kg and 68 cm long.He is also very picky eater, he only eat 1 teaspoon of solid food that i have beenintroduce to him like pureed carrots,squash,mashed potato,banana and apple. My pediatrician said he is ok but really gaining very slow.What should I do to improve his appetite?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012