Infant with loose stools from birth. Is it normal?

Hi Doctor... My baby is 3 months old now.His DOB Is may 15th from july 1st he is getting loose stools till this reduced to 3 or 4 times a day from past 3 days..but after the waxination took yesterday..the nos increased...some people says it is normal to have loose motions...but im worring coz his stools were not this much loose till june end...pls do help me ..waiting for the valuable reply... Thanks Divya S Nair
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query
It is normal for a baby to pass stool 5 to 6 times a day or once in 3 to 4 days. What you need to look for is a gross change in consistency, whether any decreased feeding is there due to lethargy, decreased urinary frequency , poor weight gain or any other obvious symptoms are there. If there is nothing like this then you should not worry.
So, I would suggest you better to consult a pediatrician so that he will evaluate the child if there is any problem or not.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.