Infant with diarrhea, persistent dehydration, distended tummy. Reason?

My 14 month old son, usually happy and content, has been sick and still has diahrrea... he s eating better now, but is still dehydrated and suddenly has a very distended tummy. He s seems happy enough, but has bits of fussiness here and there... not drinking as much as usually yet either, but he looks well and I can t see any other reason to think that he isn t on the road to recovery... He threw up for 24 hrs last Sunday (6 days ago) and then he s had the runs since then... he ate a bit more today, but the big tummy is concerning me. I do think he hasgas because he has been tooting quite a bit... what is the distended tummy all about??
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012