Infant uncontrollably crying, not fed, rashes. Applied coconut oil. Will she be okay?

Hi Doc, we just applied coconut oil to our 3 month old for the first time since birth (she was on moisturizers) and gave her a bath 15 mins later. Post that, applied moisturizer again but she started crying uncontrollably and would not feed. We had to give her Colimex to make her feel better and sleep. She has rashes around the diaper area + behind the knee and i wanted to know if coconut oil triggered anything as she does not usually cry like this. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013