Infant unable to walk. What may be the reason?

hi sir, aim having 14 months child baby boy his weight is 8.3 kgs and he is talking some words such as tata papa am mamma with the support of chars and walls he is walking by his own he is not walking recently 2 days back he walked few steps by his own but now he is not walking by his own at all aim afraid of it what is the reason doctor
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013

Kids should be able to walk without support when they complete 15 months.

When they learn to walk, if they fall and hurt themselves, they can temporarily stop walking.
You can encourage him to walk with support of wall/ furniture etc or by holding his hands. He will be okay I guess.

His speech seems to be okay. Just keep speaking to him, teach him identify objects from picture books, sing rhymes to him and tell him stories.

His weight seems to be on the lower side. Just see his centiles in his growth chart. If he maintains the same centile, its fine. If there is a dip in the centile curve, you must speak to your Pediatrician.

Fortify his food items with ghee/ oil/ cheese/ butter etc. Reduce his milk intake to 3 cups a day. Give him more of solid food. Give plenty of nuts and dry fruits.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your son good health.