Infant suffering from cold, passing green stool. Is it common to pass green stool when on antibiotics?

Dear Doctor, I m regular customer of healthcaremagic. Earlier I got help from Dr. Ketan Vagholkar, Gastroenterologist , Surgical. I d like to have advises at earliest for the below problems. My son s age is 4.18 months. He is breast feeding baby. He got diaherrea attack when he was in 2.5months. Now I m seeing that he gets cold/ cough attack often and before recovering from this cold/cough, he used to pass green stool . Physician told that potty is the only way to bypass all the germ those are responsible for cold/cough at this age. But if the stool s color is green, then there is a fear of getting diaherrea, (That s what I ve been advised by physician). Hence, physician gave antibiotic for cold/cough and after couple of days he gave another antibiotic for green potty. Does it mean, for every time, if my son s gets cold/cough he will pass green color stool? Now, I m panic as -- if I d need to apply 2 types of antibiotic to my son for cold/cough at frequently, then definitely my son s immunity power will be low. Just wanted to let you know that, he was okay for last couple of days and hence as scheduled we provided Rota viral vaccines yesterday. Today he passes 2 times slight green color potty so far! Please advise. Thanks Sumanta
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012