Infant on nan due to low quantity of breastfeed, shows decrease in weight. What are her requirements for milk?

Hello doctor My daughter is five mnth old and she s on my feed.I m unable to lactate well so I started nan with her.while she accepted it for the first few days,she has completely resisted it for d last eight days.she weighs a lil less than six kilos(5.9) n I hv strtd rice kanji with her.will this help her gain adequate weight.what about her requirements for milk?should I start maul tetra packs n make. Nestum rice preparations in it. Plz help
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
good evening , the mothers milk production will not end as early as 5th month of post delievery, u just have to put in more effort an interest and stay happy calm and confident so thst the milk production increases. as of starting the weaning foods , what u have started is fine , do not make the food in a very liquidy form, try home based cereal mixtures instead of going for ready made food , try include ghee in the food, introduce fruit like banana and boiled apple in her diet. for a 5month old girl baby , 5.9 kgs is excellent. she ll not gain weight rapidly as she was doin before because of her increased activity and expenditure of energy, so be confident, start to feed ur milk, it ll surely increase. nestum rice is best prepared with hot water, u can mix vegetable soups instead.