Infant having recurring redness on the facial skin. What could be the cause?

Hello doctor, I have some issue with my baby s skin. Can you help me with that? You see, a few weeks ago, maybe even a month, we noticed some red dry patches on my baby s skin. We took her to thePedia to see what it is and then they scraped some skin sample to see if it was fungal but it didn t turn out to be such. The Pedia just advised us to use Cetaphil on her for bathing and then prescribed the Physiogel AI cream to put on the patches after every bath. now the redness and scaliness is gone but it s white and still a bit dry. there are some new red patches beginning to develop on other parts of her face. she only has these on her face and not anywhere else in the body and we think it could be due saliva drying up on her face at night. what do you think?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012