Infant having persistent red spot on the nose, bleeds on scratching. What is it?

My 1 year old daughter had a spot appear on her nose a few months ago, it looks quite red and is about the size of a pea, it looks as red as a birth Mark does but no-one can tell us what it is, all we get told is that it s from a viral infection and it will go in a week or two, but it s never gone, when she catches is by cleaning her face or scratching it bleeds for about 15-20 minutes, could you help me to figure out what it could be please?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012
Hi prrsistent red spot on the nose.bleeding on scratching can be haemangioma or cherry angioma or granuloma pyogenicum .first rule out granuloma pyogenicum as it is easy to treat.go for electrocautery on the ledion carefully will relieve from it.if no response wait for 4 yrs during ehich it subsides by its own.if no response after 4 years consult a plastic surgeon for further treatment