Infant having large, smooth patch at the back of tongue, no discomfort. Signs of deficiency?

My granddaughter is seven months old and a perfectly healthy baby, weighing 8.4kg. She eats all solids but does not enjoy her formula too much. Mom put her on Lactogen after breastfeeding her for 6 weeks. Yesterday we noticed a large smooth patch towards the back of her tongue . It is not discoloured and she doesn t seem to experience any discomfort from it. I am just concerned that there might be some deficiency or an indication of an underlying disease?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012