Infant having frequent scabs on the ear, doesn't have a habit of scratching. Cause?

My 7 month old keeps getting scabs in her right ear. I have never seen her put her hands in her ear or scratch . She doesn t get scratches on her face or other parts of her body. The scabs are tiny and appear in different places. This has been happening for about 1 month. I recently had her into her pediatrician and she looked at them very briefly w/ the otoscope and said that she had just scratched herself. I really don t believe that is the case though. Any idea what could be causing this? She is healthy otherwise except for the runny nose that she has also had for about a month and for which I took her to the pediatrician aforementioned. Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012