Infant having dents in the skull a week after falling off his head. Worrisome?

Hi 3days ago my 11 month old son fell on the left side of his head while walking. I ve been monitoring him and he seems fine. He s acting like his normal self. As I felt his head the day after I noticed that the are was soft and mushy I visited his doctor theame day and I really didn t feel much reassurance. He didn t even bother to check his head only examined his ears. He said that everything will be fine and if the swelling doesn t go down on a week I need to take his to the ER/UC. Today I felt his head and I grew in a panic the swelling has seem to spread more so I ended up calling and I got the same response. Now I m checking it again. I was so worried about the swelling that I didn t noticed that his skull is dented in now I m panicking even more. I m a new young mother and I need closer answers please help!!!
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Dear mother,
After any head injury first 24 hours r most important . As u told that injury happened 3 days back so I would like to assure u that nothing to worry. And the swelling u r telling it looks like a superficial haematoma which will resolve gradually.