Infant having an infected lymph node. Can it be treated with drugs?

My 2 year old got an infected lymph node on her mandible 4 months ago that swelled to 4cm across, was hard, fixed to the jaw, it finally ruptured on its own last month, drained for 3 weeks then an ENT did surgery to clean out the infected tissues and stitched it shut. The path report showed micro bacterium so she had a tb test and it was positive then had a chest X-ray and it was normal. Should she be treated w drugs. How do we know if she has an active tb infection or if the active infection is over now? How do the drs know if there is active infection spread to other organs besides the chest X-ray? She has no other symptoms besides her infected lymph node that is now stitched shut. Are the drugs dangerous? I don t want to give toxic drugs to my two year old:( Why will tb skin test remain positive forever even after drug treatment ?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013