Infant have rashes on the leg. Prescribed with antibiotics. What is this disease? When will it go away?

Hello doctor, My son is 20 months old. About a week ago, he started itching his right leg. On inspecting, I found that 4-5 very small rashes were there and I thought those were not so serious. 2 days passed, and while bathing him I saw that many rashes were there and some had been ruptured with rigorous itching. I applied an ayurvedic oil for itching immediately. The very day I sent him to a child specialist and he prescribed an antibiotic alongwith another medicine and an ointment,Crotorax HC but he cautioned that the lesser the ointment is used, the better. As he had prescribed antibiotics , we did not buy the oral medicines but to relieve the itching we brought the ointment. Besides prescribing medicines the doctor said that these rashes will remain for 6 months and it will appear on the other leg too. Now, we are in a strange situation. He did not tell us the name of the disease but said that this occurs in infants only. My queries are- 1. What is the name of this disease? 2. Is it curable in Homeopathy? 3. Will it indeed last for 6 months? Thanking you Varsha Roy Assam
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013