Infant has watery, stinky stools. Had taken benadryl few days ago for viral, non contagious reaction. Reason?

Hi, my 11 month old had 6 watery, stinky poops yesterday and has been a bit fussy. It had a lot of particulates and so he wouldn t get dehydrated I gave him some water and he slammed about 7 oz then a bottle before bed. He wakes frequently and had another BM at ~2am (he was in our bed at this point) which is very unusual. He had a rash a few days ago and our pediatrician diagnosed a viral, noncontagious reaction and suggested some benadryl . Thoughts? I m sure they are linked but I am worried about how long he should have these watery poops without the fear of dehydration . Seems bacterial bug maybe?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012