Infant has stomach flu, stools with grey and green color with mushy texture and red flakes. Worrisome?

My 9 month old has had stomach flu for the past 6 days. It started as vomiting with diarrhea and now the past three days just diarrhea but it is constant and the consistency has turned to a grayish, green color almost mushy in texture with odd red pepper flake looking things in it. The redish flakes are almost meaty as well and they certainly don t match anything he as eaten. The triage nurses keep telling us to wait it out but I m concerned - should I be? thanks
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012