Infant has been prescribed 20ml of Fenistil drop. Is it over dosage?

My baby is 5 months 3 weeks old now and the doctor prescribed 20mL fenistil drops which i think is too much for him. when i check in the pharmacy, the pharmacist said i can try giving 20drops 3 times a day which again i did not agree, i told her i think its too much since it is mentioned in the box that infant to 1yr.old can have 10-30drops only. how many drops should i give him every dose?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

None of the drops that are given to infants are given in such large quantities.

They are given in drops only and not in 20 ml or so.

There is an error in the prescription.

I request you to consult your pediatrician once.

Good that you noticed this. Your presence of mind is appreciated.

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
The dose for an infant is 10 to 30 drops per day so you can give 4 to 10 drops can be given with each dose (if it is advised every 8th hourly).
Better you call or consult your doctor for the clarification and confirmation of the dosage as this will be informatic to your doctor.