Infant constipated, taking cap, swallowed string. Concerned? Should i take her to specialist?

Okay, sounds weird....but my one year old is severly constipated, went to the doctor, she is now taking a laxative, extra fiber more water and is going to see a specialist..... However, today, she had gone poop but it did not all come out and was like gooey(I could not pull it out and actually was concerned she had swallowed a string or something because it would not come out) I ended up giving her a laxative and it did come out but was like the goop slime kids play mashed but did not pull apart. Do I need to be more concerned and get her into the specialist?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013