Index fingers shorter than other fingers and missing knuckles. Treatment?

Both of my index fingers are missing the middle knuckles and do not bend, they are shorter than all other fingers and at birth were laid over the middle and ring fingers until braces straightened them. What is the name of this deformity and what treatment options are available to lengthen them and enable bending in them? Self taught musician and beginning college as music major, all help you can offer will be priceless and life-changing to me.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
The problem that you have described seems to be congenital in nature. This kind of deformity can only be treated surgically. You need to consult a plastic surgeon for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,