Indentation in left temple post death. Causes?

My father passed away yesterday. We only were able to view him from the neck up. There were no abnormalities that we could see but today when we viewed him again, he had an indentation in his left temple. It was the diameter of a dime and about an inch deep. It s baffling and my family is concerned of how it got there. Please help!!!
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Thanks for query,
After death the body gets swollon.AS without circulation the blood starts to move & settle.This is a normal post death process. Due to pressure it moves & leaves a pit.
So nothing to worry.